Background





10.12.2010

Two words? Yeah Right!! :)

Day Nine: Two words that describe your life right now.
As hard as it is for ME to say anything in two words - I think I have the words that can sum it up for me right about now....
~~~Endless Possibilities

I chose these two words because I am at such a changing point in my life right now.
I am almost 28 years old, not married, no children, or anything keeping me from whatever God has next in store for me. Whether it is moving, buying a house, dating someone, ANYTHING - I am at a point where I can do it - endless possibilities!!

If I could add a third word I would probably use Impatient - even though I know God has these Endless Possibilities and Opportunities waiting on me sometimes I struggle so much with the waiting part! When I try to take control it seems like I just end up with more confusion and less control...I need to just relax a little! :)
I need to work on trusting more and think less, ok a lot less!!


I have been "thinking too much" lately with a situation in which nobody really knows about - and just this morning my roomie/bff Amber sent me an email. The title caught my attention immediately. It was a little phrase I am going to remember when I start feeling like this again - (no point in in saying I won't feel this way again - I know myself way to well-way to much of a control freak!)

The title was "Faith over Feelings"
Pretty awesome huh?! EXACTLY what I needed at this moment for sure! I need to just hang in there, be patient and know that He has a plan for me, so I need to stop trying to over analyze and control every situation in my life at an impulse reation but remember to let my FAITH rule OVER my FEELINGS!
Even when I am disappointed that things do not go my way or on my time, understand it is His plan and they actually are going my way - He can just see the ENTIRE picture unlike me who can only see what is in front of me!
I mean if He had a friend send me that email and she is oblivious to what's on my mind right now that just shows me he is not oblivious to it and reminding me of this is just what I needed!

The end of the email had a prayer I loved so I will share it:
Dear Lord, You know the hurt in my heart and the sting of disappointments I have experienced. Please help me trust You, instead of being consumed by feelings. Empower me with a faith that is stronger than my emotions. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Such a lightbulb moment - and I love those!! :)

xoxo,
Faith

4 comments:

  1. I know ive already told you this, LOL, but I LOVE your blog!!! This post really hit home for me- I can honestly say I wish I were in your shoes, because you do have endless possibilities. we make a lot of mistakes (I know....everything happens for a reason ) when we are young- not knowing what we are really getting into, and you are at an age where you have the knowledge.... The choice to be picky because you know what you want in life. So....do "remember to let my FAITH rule OVER my FEELINGS!" <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks! but dont think of anything as a mistake, just because you have what you may see as obstacles does not mean you do not have endless possibilities - just means, you may have more work than others...just like the post today says - we can only see what is right in front of us -not the big picture--so as cliche' as it sounds, everything does happen for a reason - even if we try to control a situiation and "mess it up" according to how we feel -just remember do not be dissapointed in how things are unfolding and FAITH OVER FEELINGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith, I believe that we all have endless possibliities in our lives. Whether it be in our marriages,our singleness,our careers,our lives as a whole regardless of our age or status. God provides endless possibilities for us as long as we allow Him to control our lives and yes have Faith Over Feelings! What we may see as a mistake or an obstacle is simply a stepping stone to where He wants to take our lives.It isn't age that brings us knowledge, it is living life. You hit the nail on the head in your blog and in your answer to annonymous. I can tell you this much about your endless possibilites...God uses you in your blogs and who knows how many lives will be affected by your words? You are blessed, my dear daughter. Remember...
    Jer.29:11-13=Endless Possibilities
    MoSy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep-as soon as I saw the comment from anonymous....I felt the need to clear that up-nothing can stop us from what is planned for us except for us! :)
    Thanks for the encouragement-the "10 days" has definitely made me think-tomorrow is the last one and a tough one...we will see how that goes-no clue at this point what my response will be!
    Ahhhhh....Jer. 29:11-13.....always seems to be just the right words for EVERY situation!! MoSy!

    ReplyDelete