Background





10.19.2010

The Hand We Are Dealt....

In life, some of us seem to be just born into the worst circumstances possible and then there are others who seem to not have a clue that there even are unfortunate circumstances in life. Me, for example, yeah I have had a few "ugh" moments in my life, but if I really think back, my biggest would be my parents’ divorce. As horrible of a time as I had with this and quite honestly still do 13 or so years later - I am so fortunate to still have them both alive. I have never had to deal with losing a sibling at an early age, which I almost feel would be my ultimate pain. I wake up every morning able to see, hear, talk, walk, laugh, think....I was not born without or have not had some terrible accident causing me to lose any of these God given abilities we often seem to take for granted. I have always had a roof over my head. I have never had any type of traumatizing experience- other than a water slide my daddy made me ride once, that was WAY too high for my excitement! So yes, as bad as my parents getting divorced hurts and as bad as sometimes feeling like I have no sense of direction in my life other than to just keep going, I would say I am pretty fortunate to have been brought into my circumstances.

Then we have those others whose life just seems to "suck" for a better lack of a word - you look at them and think - 'wow, I am glad that is not me' –
This week I sent my cousin, Morgan a card- in my opinion her life is one of those I can say ’wow, I am glad that is not me' about. At the young age of 23 she has already been through more horrific times throughout her short life than I dare to even discuss - not only for her privacy but also because some of her situations are more repulsive than I ever want to have to think about, much less write about. We will just say, she is out of that horrible situation, still dealing with the mental effects that come with it but she is definitely a brave survivor in my eyes! On top of the other unfortunate circumstances in Morgan’s life, her father passed away a little over two weeks ago. If you have read past blogs you remember reading about my uncle Terry that is her daddy.

Earlier this week after thinking about everything happening in my life and hearing my friends vent about theirs, I started thinking how we all just seem to want to know what is going to happen next. Then I thought, we cannot even explain what is happening now, what’s makes us think we can decide what happens next?!
I started thinking about Morgan and how I bet she often asks “Why me?” and if I had to guess I would say probably still doesn’t have THE answer at this point, or if she ever even will have it. So I felt the need to send Morgan a card and just write a short note basically telling her I have no idea why her life has been as it has been and I know that it does not seem fair but when it all doesn’t make sense and we can’t see the big picture to remember to ‘Just remember who is dealing the cards and He can see the full deck.’
Today I was on Facebook and I saw these words "Just remember who is dealing the cards and He can see the full deck" in her status and it made me smile--not only because I knew she had received her card and these words meant something to her but because it was the perfect time for me to be reminded of my own words, not only for me but to remind quite a few people around me of this! There is nothing like preaching to the choir huh?!

So my friends - I have quite a few of you struggling with SO many issues right now from small to large- Please remember - as hard as it is to trust, we have to know that whatever we are going through is just the next "move" in this game of cards called life and the hand we were dealt, so don’t “fold” just yet but instead remember who is dealing the cards and He can see the full deck!!

xoxo,

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment