Background





10.06.2010

Change is a Good Thing!! :)

Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.
With this one I tried to think of things I really could change....not like death or bringing people back of course I would change that type of stuff but I tried to think of six things I wish I could change that are actually possible, maybe not for me at this point in my life but for you if you are dealing with any of these! :)


1) Divorce - I wish I could somehow make divorces harder on the adults than the kids. We are the ones who have to pack up and go to a different house every other weekend, we have to deal with never again having a "family picture, we have to adjust to "new families" when our parents re-marry, we have to deal with our mom having a different last name than us, we have to deal with every Holiday especially Christmas when we have to be with our parents at different times on such an amazing day...I could go on with this one but these are the few that I feel have effected me the most. So if you are reading this and are thinking of divorcing and you have children (or don't)...make sure you have exhausted every option possible. I am not saying being a couple who "stays together for the kids or until they are grown" but really fix your marriage - really try to understand the problem, don't point fingers-realize it takes two to break it and two to make it.
You may be rolling your eyes at me since I am not nor, have I ever been married or for that case even "in your shoes" but I have been in my shoes and I think in more cases (not every case-I get that) than we try, the problems can be resolved. Always remember that every relationship has tough times but you can't just throw the towel in during a heated moment. We even have problems with our friends and we work those out so why can't we try a little harder to work on the problems with the people we made a promise to before God, with the person we love and for the ones we love. (before my inbox goes crazy - please know that I do understand there are cases when you have to do what you have to do!)
 
I promise the rest of this post will be less "heavy" I got a little carried away! haha
 
2) I wish that I would have traveled more in college or even in high school - like a study abroad program in another country.
 
3) I wish that (don't laugh) I would have continued with my dance classes and pageants - I would LOVE to still be doing them today!
 
4) I wish I would not have ever said my first curse word! haha Sounds so dumb and minor to some but I think it is gross hearing a lady curse and I am sure I sound no better when I do it!
 
5) I wish that I could change that celebrities are paid more than teachers, policemen, firemen, the president...and so on....
 
6) I wish that I could change how the Days of the Week are set up - I wish we worked on Saturday and Sunday and the weekend was Monday - Friday!!! :)
 
Done. This was the hardest post yet of the "10 days"....I actually feel blessed that this one was so hard - it is a good feeling not having many things you wish you could change!
I don't really have any "I wish I would have not" things to mention - none that are really of much importance that have really changed my life. I guess this is a good thing too- no real regrets - I try not to look at things as regrets but more like mistakes and I am a firm believer that you learn from mistakes.
I will always remember how to spell Czechoslovakia because I missed it on a test in 3rd grade -- see what I mean?! :)
 
**On a side note - tomorrow is the funeral for my uncle - if you have a minute say a quick prayer - definitely going to be a tough day!
 
xoxo,
Faith

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this! I really agree with all of them even the one about pagents because I used to do those too. You are completely right about the cussing...women who cuss just sound dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more on the issue of divorce! ~Yes, of course there are extreme circumstances and those don't apply here.~ BUT for the majority of divorces out there, there are/were so many other options! No one ever said that marriage would be easy! If life isn't then why would marriage be? It's like anything else, you have to work at it! Anything worth having is worth working for! FYI, there is a REALLY good book for this topic: "His Needs, Her Needs" I think in small print it mentions "affair proofing your marriage" but that's not nearly the only thing it's about! It's about getting to the root of the problem on both sides of the relationship and figuring out a customized way of dealing with it! It is great! I've bought this book 4 times so far because I keep giving it away! I've been married for 9 1/2 years and together with my husband for 11 1/2 years, and a few years back we were in a rough patch and I bought this book. Each night I read 1 chp of "her needs" to him and he read 1 chp of "his needs" to me. We didn't even get passed the middle of the book because we had already worked through our problems! If we start getting bumpy we still refer to what we learned! -Ok, all that to say I strongly agree with working through relationship problems instead of running from them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the LONG last comment! Lol Also, I realized it may have sounded like the problem in my marriage was cheating, and it wasn't. Seeing as how my family and I are living locally again, I wanted to clear that up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl - don't be sorry - I like LONG comments just as well as short! I did not think that at all about cheating though! :) Thanks for the book recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete