Background





5.17.2011

Picture Challenge - Day Two

Day Two:
•A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest


Of course my family since they have been with me since birth-that is a given. Instead I am going to choose a person that is not blood related but one that I still consider family!
I will give you a little background info first...
I met her when I moved to Conway Christian School in the 7th grade. I was the new girl in a small school so of course the boys were able to see past my big bangs, chubby cheeks, and braces. All they saw was a race to who could win the "new girl" over first! Unfortunately for the guys, I was not able to see past the braces, bowl haircuts and awkward looking phases that they were going through so I was not interested in any of them UNTIL.....I found out that this girl in the 6th grade liked one of the guys in the 8th grade, that was all she wrote--even though I did not "like" this 8th grader (who shall remain nameless) in that way; he was in the 8th grade and I could make this little 6th grader jealous so I did just that! The boy acted as though I hung the moon as much as any 7th grade girl can ha and I acted like I did not hear him calling my name during recess but looked his direction long enough to keep the "connection". Well, even if this was not apparent to him it was very apparent to the 6th grade girl and she decided to take matters into her own hands! One day while in the bathroom an anonymous note was thrown over the stall addressed to me....It basically told me to stop playing with this guys emotions or else and was signed "a person who cares for him a lot". OK, I may have only been in the 7th grade but it took no rocket scientist to know that Kaci was the caring person :)
Eventually my game became boring and a new boy (another 8th grader) started attending CCS so I moved on but first I played a part in bringing my "boyfriend" and Kaci together - It's so crazy how simple things use to be ha :) From that day on Kaci and I connected and a very special bond was created!
Kaci and I have always remained in contact through college and me moving away...college was the only time I can say we would go the longest without talking but once the phone rang we picked right back up from the last conversation and when I finally met Kaci's roommates it was as if they knew me better than some of my own friends just from hearing her talk about me!
Kaci is now married, which I just knew would be the end of our friendship and fell asleep crying to her in bed the night before her wedding as she played with my hair (my fave thing ever) and reassured me she would still love me just as much! She was telling the truth, she does, almost one year later from her wedding day and we still talk most days...as a matter of fact I am spending the weekend with her and her hubby this weekend!
I have had friends longer than I have known Kaci and I cherish them all so much but when having to decide among my friends the person I have been closest to the longest it would have to be the greatest best friend a girl could ever ask for...Kaci! I hope everyone in the world has that person in their life who you know you could tell anything to and never be judged--fussed at but not judged, never fight with, know that this person depends on you as much as you depend on them and has an unconditional love that comes as close as possible to the one you feel for your own family!

Kaci and I in Miami for her bachelorette party - we were laying in the floor after falling down laughing so hard we cried - we felt that a photo shoot would be appropriate to capture this moment!
Remember what we were laughing at Kaci?! ;) Blah!




“Everyone has a "best friend" during each stage of life-only a precious few have the same one.”

xoxo,
Faith



No comments:

Post a Comment