Background





9.15.2011

Been Busy Gettin' Stronger

Wow! These past few weeks have been INSANE....I have always heard, "when it rains, it pours" - but I would like to add "then it floods"!! First my mom was sick and in the hospital for a week, she is feeling mucho better but still recovering. In the midst of that my grandmother (I have two gmaws on my moms side - Long & Irrelevant story) that I call "GG" passed away. :( She went in her sleep with most of the family in the room while my mom sang an old song "I'm going home with Jesus" in her ear - I can't think of a more peaceful, better way to go!
So, I have been pretty occupied lately with everyone else and of course the start of Gamecock football so I have not had much time to type out my thoughts but here I am....finally able to catch my breath again! :)
During all of this recent mayhem, I also realized that my version of the old saying, "When it rains, it pours, then it floods" shouldn't end there but rather with "then the sun shines again,dries up all the rain and the grass is prettier and stronger than ever!"

My challenge in pursuit of happiness is still a work in progress, a slow work in progress, but it is still going - so no worries there!

OK so short story time (yes, I will TRY to keep it short haha)......
My daddy lives in Sunset Beach and every time I head to see him I go over a bridge right before his house and I see an old shrimping boat. It always just looks so calm and peaceful sitting on the water. It is a very nostalgic scene and without fail whether alone or if I have a passenger in the car I always say, "I am going to stop and get a picture of that the next time I come by here!" I have said this so often that now my roomie Amber says it every time we pass that spot mocking me, in a joking manner of course!
Anyway, on one of the trips to see this daddy this summer something happened....as we went to cross over the bridge we looked to our right and the boat was gone! Yes, G-O-N-E!! This old, nostalgic boat that I assumed was sitting there rotting away was indeed just the opposite. This boat is still in use, I know this because I saw it from a pier not far from the original spot....it is still a pretty scene from its new found home but nothing like the way it captivates my attention from its original location - My hope is, that after the summer is over it will be returned and I promise, I don't care if we are in the middle of a hurricane, blizzard, firestorm or earthquake I will be stopping to get my picture!

Moral of the story: Don't ever assume something. Remember not everyone sees the same in everything so just because the boat looked old and at the end of its road - it obviously wasn't. Also, take chances when you can - Conditions are not always favorable to our liking but that is OK. If a chance is there then go for it before you suddenly realize that the unfavorable conditions were more favorable than you ever realized.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....it feels good to be back!!!

xoxo,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment