Background





9.28.2011

Simple Smiles.


I decided to make a list of simplicities that are important to me. I started this a few days ago and decided that once I got to 100 I would share.
This has been such an eye opener and so very refreshing - having to stop and take note of moments that make me smile has made me realize, even more, just how good I have it!

So here you are....100 simple smiles--

1. The first scoop of strawberry ice cream from a new tub.
2. Laughing at someone else laughing.
3. Waking up to a sweet note or finding one in my car.
4. Hugs.
5. Taking off my shoes and wiggling my toes after a long day.
6. Finding a close parking spot.
7. Getting mail....in the mailbox.
8. Letting the sunshine in a room when I open the door or blinds.
9. The face of a groom when he sees his bride for the first time on their wedding day.
10. Reminiscing over old photographs.
11. Clean and Warm sheets at bedtime.
12. Christmas lights.
13. Singing along with the radio.
14. Handwritten letters.
15. When someone plays with my hair.
16. Capturing a picture perfect moment on camera.
17. The sound of the ocean.
18. Making someone smile.
19. Shouting "Jinx you owe me a coke!".
20. When a stranger smiles as walking by.
21. A clean house.
22. The first bite of my craving.
23. Overhearing children talk.
24. Seeing an elderly couple holding hands.
25. Surseys for no reason.
26. Seeing mama smile.
27. When I see someone I have not seen in a long time and remembering their name.
28. Dimples.
29. A good hair day.
30. Days when I never look at clock.
31. Sugar Cones.
32. Holding Hands.
33. Knowing every word to a song.
34. When I put the batteries in right on the first try without looking at the + or -
35. Knowing the answer to a Jeopardy question.
36. Getting a massage.
37. My friends understanding when I say, "Give me 3 choices & I will decide".
38. My birthday.
39. My little brother or sister asking me for advice.
40. Riding with the windows down.
41. That pretty feeling when wearing something new.
42. When a vending machine gives me the drink and my dollar back.
43. Completing a task.
44. Being surprised to find the laundry already folded and put away when you open the dryer.
45. Stretching after a long trip.
46. Finding a dollar in an old wallet.
47. Watching someone breathe while asleep.
48. Discovering I have a new talent.
49. When the blinds go back down on the first try when I pull the string.
50. Sipping on an ice cold sweet tea.
51. A kiss on the cheek.
52. Flipping the pillow over to feel the cold side.
53. Being the right caller for a radio contest.
54. Fresh and Hot chips at a Mexican restaurant.
55. Mama telling me everything is going to be fine.
56. Finding a new bottle of ketchup in the pantry when I thought I was out.
57. When my old skinny jeans button without me having to lay down and suck in.
58. Hearing an old story for the first time.
59. OJ with NO pulp.
60. Finding a movie ticket stub in a coat pocket, checking the date and remembering that night.
61. Pepsi so cold that the Pepsi sticks to the ice during the middle of the night when you wake up thirsty.
62. My sweet Miss Costa being so happy to see me whether it has been 5 minutes or 5 days. Puppy <3
63. Reading Jeremiah 29:11-13
64. Writing.
65. Hearing Christmas music for the first time of the year in a department store.
66. Having a favorite Ink pen.
67. Baking.
68. Hearing my number called during a raffle drawing.
69. Opening a fortune cookie.
70. Being silly with friends.
71. Champagne for no special reason.
72. Swinging on the front porch.
73. Reading one more, two more, three more chapters of a good book before bed.
74. College Football....USC Goooo Cocks!
75. Hearing Mrs. Miller tell her birthday story.
76. That fresh feeling after a new haircut.
77. Someone trusting me with a secret.
78. A phone call (not a text) in the middle of the day just to say hello.
79. My car being clean.
80. When I trust my gut feeling and it turns out to be right.
81. Finding a good sale.
82. Hot chocolate.
83. Watching the movie Grease.
84. Covering up that one part of me that had slipped out of the covers.
85. Saying yes ma'am and yes sir'.
86. Leaving a note for someone to find later that makes them smile.
87. Flipping the page on the calendar.
88. FaveReds Starburst.
89. Sleeping all night long.
90. Daddy filling up my gas tank.
91. Thinking of and sharing my one millionth new invention.
92. Being inside and thinking it is dark out but realizing it is still daylight when you walk out.
93. The sound of Rice Krispies...they really do snap, crackle, and pop.
94. The tininess of a baby’s feet and hands.
95. Calling my grandmother/Maw-Maw Sam during every commercial break of our favorite shows.
96. Finding a new use for something.
97. Hand me downs.
98. The "M" etched in McDonalds pancake butter.
99. Praying.
100. Being able to hear the voice of the person whose message you are reading.

xoxo,
Faith

PS) 101.Clicking Spell Check and having no errors!










1 comment: