Background





9.20.2011

Craft Time!

Recently I was bit by the arts and crafts bug! Thanks to Pinterest and Stumbleupon it is just too easy to see an idea and run with it!

I was in the store last week and saw a piece of wood in the children's arts and crafts section and my creative wheels starting turning. After buying the wood, paint, letter, and paper a few min later I had myself a cute little monogrammed wall/door hanger that I have hanging on my office door - so simple and cute!


While in the store I also decided to attempt to make a ribbon wreath like I keep seeing online- I started  picking out ribbons that were pink, polka dots, damask all of that fun stuff but then it happened...The good old garnet caught my eye and it was on - all of the other ribbon was put away and I went Gamecock ribbon wreath making crazy!! Now this project was a little, OK a lot more time consuming and I am sure that if/once I make a few more I will find little shortcuts (Like buying letters already decorated instead of painting them myself like I did ha) but I am happy with the finished product and I have a feeling I know what all of my family will be getting for Christmas haha!


For me to be the procrastinator that I am it is insane that I did both projects in two nights after work but they do say...the work you do while procrastinating is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life--That being the case I will let you all know when I quit my job and my door decor store opens!! ;)

xoxo,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment