Background





12.03.2010

December Dose 3

Dec. 3
Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year.

I cannot believe it took me taking more than a second to actually reflect on this one!
For anyone who knows me well, you know that God chose me to be the lucky young lady whose parents get divorced...no big deal it seems these days-seems to be the trend. However, I was chosen to endure the divorce from hell. My parents got divorced around 13 years ago and they still seem to find reasons to argue and go to court. I am not getting into any details or blaming anyone, in the grand scheme I guess we are all to blame for letting Satan control our actions rather Trusting that God will handle it. Afterall, He is the Supreme Judge, not some man on earth in a black robe! Ok so, now that you kind of know where I am coming from, you can kind of understand why this moment I am going to reflect on was the one moment this year that I felt the most alive!

Dealing with two parents who do not speak-you can imagine how difficult that can make things...this is simply the reason I have banned ever having a wedding-I will def have a destination wedding with just me and the lucky man, I have only had them together at one birthday party since I was 16 (and that was just long enough for my daddy to give me his present- a trip to NYC-awesome gift!), I don't have a picture of just us three from my high school graduation, I am still trying to figure out how to handle the day I have a child and then what about the child's birthday parties....and so on....probably all of the things I would have taken for granted had my parents stayed married or even stayed friends after the divorce.All of that to again help you understand why this is the moment for me or actually the entire day of feeling alive.

May 29, 2010. Me,my little sister, my mama, her husband Mark, my daddy, and his wife Cindy....all sat down in the same building, on the same row, only inches apart from one another and watched my little brother walk across the stage at his high school graduation!! Sounds silly to some I am sure but if you knew our history you would have chills and tears as I do now! I did see some Valium being popped but whatever it takes it was worth it!!

But wait....it gets better! After graduation we all (except for Mark - this was all too much for him so he left - his loss-I saw God this day - I hate he missed it!) met up outside to hug brother and take pictures--this is my favorite part, even though it doesn't directly effect me but just knowing that at least one of us three kids actually got to experience this makes me smile--my mama, daddy, and little brother took a picture together! Wow! I was just as envious as I was happy! I will never forget that moment for as long as I live, even though it only lasted as long as it takes the shutter on the camera to click it will last in my heart forever!

Believe it or not there is actually one more part! This is why I said more of an entire day rather than just a moment...after we took the pictures we all went and had lunch together! Of course it was a little weird but everyone was cordial and we had many laughs...I waited for daddy to foot the entire bill but thank God he didn't or I would not have been here to write about this moment because I would have died from a heart attack at the moment he or mama offered to pay for one another haha!
So that is it! The entire day was amazing but the moment of the picture is the moment that I felt the most alive this year.

Unfortunately, the very next day, a new situation arises and our parents are back to as much dissension as ever but at least we had these few hours on May 29, 2010 that now mean so much to me and otherwise probably would not have had I not had to miss out on them in my life to truly understood what these moments really are all about-never take anything for granted--not even the "small" things!!

Pictures never change,
 Even when the people in them do.





















xoxo,
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Faith, very touching.
    But I don't care for the way that it
    depicts me and your dad as people who live in hatred.
    It is important to me to make sure that everyone
    that reads it knows that it was not I that
    took the valium or whatever was being popped at
    graduation. It was one of the happiest days of
    my life and I did not need drugs to enjoy it.
    I would also like to add that I gave
    complete forgiveness for the evil things
    that have been done to us in this situation
    years ago. I chose not to live in that prison
    of hatred. I believe your father has chosen
    the same forgiveness. The evilness has come
    from one person and unfortunately you children
    have suffered greatly. Both of your parents
    have as well. I have two step children
    that are going through the same thing because
    of the same person, unfortunately.
    Karma is doing it's thing as I write this and hopefully one day we will all be at peace again. MoSy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW you would have something to say mama! haha
    LOVE YOU!
    MoSy!

    ReplyDelete