Background





12.02.2010

December Dose 1 & 2

I am so excited! My friend Katie (Check blog out here!) sent me this great idea that she thought I would enjoy using in my post for the next few weeks and she was correct! The idea behind these posts are to spend the next month reflecting on the past year, and manifesting what is next. So this is how it works...each day Reverb 10 will give a daily prompt, I will then respond to the prompt and then hopefully you will read it!
I will do Dec 1 and Dec 2 today in order to keep on track for the rest of the month.
Soooooooooooo.....here it goes................

Dec. 1, 2010
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

2010 in one word...Challenge

If you follow my blog I would think you could agree with me here that this is a word that seems to suit 2010 in my life! For beginners we can start with this blog....Thoughts Uncorked all came about from a challenge-me challenging myself to stay off of Facebook for one month in order to have more time to focus on myself instead of everyone else's business that I barely even speak to! Thoughts Uncorked became my outlet of getting out what I needed to get out!

Challenge is also my word of choice because of having to watch my grandfather and uncle take on a challenge each day of staying alive - they did both pass away this year so now I am still facing the challenge of dealing with them no longer being here.

School has been a challenge - It always is with trying to balance work, family, and social life but the Spring semester and the Fall semester have both consisted of Stats classes...I made it through the first with a B and will be completing the next one and last one in a few weeks, hopefully with a passing grade as well!

The old love life has had a few ups and downs as well this year! Since my break up last year I have not really been in a zone to want to take on the challenge of a new relationship. I have dated a few people here and there but nothing that really could ever go anywhere. For a while this frustrated me to no end then I realized this was a time in life I needed to focus on me and my life 100% rather than bringing in someone else and I can honestly say I feel that I am succeeding in this challenge! I do find myself being more open to the idea of a boyfriend now more than I have been....until of course I get that sweaty palm, my throat closes up, nauseated - room is spinning feeling---then I change my mind! ;)

Those are just a few of the reasons that I choose the word challenge. Like I said, if you keep up with this blog then you have seen some of the crazy challenges I have faced and still are facing this year among family, relationships, friends, and myself...I know that 2011 will hold its challenges as well but as Caroll Burnett said, “I have always grown from my problems and challenges, from the things that don't work out, that's when I've really learned.”
I am looking forward to more growing!

Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
Organized.
Organized: Functioning within a formal structure, as in the coordination and direction of activities.-Webster

Is this even feasible for the idea of life? Maybe not since we cannot predict what is coming next but I can make sure whatever comes my way I have everything in place and am as organized as possible to be prepared for it!

Dec. 2
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
It’s taken me a little longer than normal to wrap my brain around this question today. Quite honestly I cannot come up with one thing in my daily life that does not contribute to my writing/blogging.

Yes, I could eliminate Facebook and Twitter but these are outlets in which I share my writings and both of these sites are actually places that give me insights and ideas on what to write about.
I don't sleep very often and when I do it seems like most of the time when I wake up that is when my mind is the freshest and I start writing so in a way even sleeping contributes. I could stay at home more often instead of being such a social butterfly or going out and spending money but once again most of my topics involve discussions I have had with those around me and spending money creates stress which we all know leads to needing to vent!

So I guess the things that do not contribute to my writing and may be considered by some to get in my way really cannot be eliminated at all because they are all a part of my writing process!
So thank you all very much "distractions"!!

xoxo,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment