Background





11.22.2010

Let Ourselves be Blind.

I have always hated it when people would say, "It happens when you least expect it." regarding things in life, generally love. Yet with age really does come wisdom and I find myself repeating those same words to people around me and even to myself. It is different now though - they seem to be more than just words, but words with understanding behind them.

I read this today when browsing through a few quotes....it is an excerpt from "Metamorpheses: A Play" and it caught my attention. Maybe because I have been on both ends of a very similar version of this conversation many times!

A: The soul wanders in the dark, until it finds love. And so, wherever our love goes, there we find our soul.

Q: It always happens?
A: If we're lucky...and if we let ourselves be blind.
Q: Instead of watching out?
A: Always instead of watching out.

It really does seem to ring true...."It happens when you least expect it!"

xoxo,
Faith

4 comments:

  1. Does being 100% uninterested in love count as being blind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe--if there were such a thing, but there isn't - for a time you may feel that way....but I have a feeling if something worth being interested in came along....your tune would change! ;)

    "Sometimes you have to forget about what you want and remember what you deserve."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met my husband almost 12 years ago, shortly after I decided to take a break from "love". It's an awesome thing that happens! It's like looking for something you can't find, finally giving up, sitting on the couch; and it's on the coffee table :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's like looking for something you can't find, finally giving up, sitting on the couch; and it's on the coffee table"

    Love that! :)

    ReplyDelete