Background





11.16.2011

Still Moving....Just in a Different Direction.

Well, my only hope is that after you read this, you don't think to yourself, "Man, that girl is crazy!" because quite honestly, over the last few days I have had that thought cross my mind a few times but within an instant of  a prayer I am able to be reassured I am not crazy....just obedient!

So for a quick recap - A few months ago I did some examining of my life and decided I had reached a plateau - I was not moving forward or backwards just at a standstill. So, I decided to make some changes...one of those being moving to the beach. The way I saw it was like this - I love the beach, I miss the beach when I am not there and I know that is where I want to be when I "grow up" so why would I not just go there now and start getting everything set up and ready for my "happily ever after" that I had decided for myself.
In my playbook - I moved to the beach, got a job, made some more friends, met a man, fell in love, got married, had children and never looked back. Sounds like a good plan to me, still does actually, except for one thing.....In the excitement and thrill of bringing my playbook to life I somehow lost sight of who the real Author is. No worries - He has quickly reminded me!

On Sunday, October 23 exactly 25 days before I pack up the moving truck and head it out of here God threw me a curve ball....He opened a door that takes me to where my real focus should be....not just towards my happily ever after but towards Him. Within a week after that Sunday night I began to feel strong hesitations about moving but brushed them off as cold feet and told myself over and over I was doing the right thing and to keep on moving forward, not really realizing I was actually moving backwards.
That next weekend, I remember driving to the beach for an interview and I turned my radio down and I started crying and I said, "God! Why did you put this door there right now?!  I have asked for this door for years,and you haven't shown up, so why now?! Why show up now, when I have everything in order and figured out! I don't want it there make it a wall!" but He didn't listen, instead He opened it even wider! So wide that no matter which way I turned it seemed I faced that same door.

So finally, this past Sunday exactly six days before I head off to the beach I was in church and the preacher said, "Always choose the path that takes you closer to God's face rather than away from" so that night I called both of my parents and told them what I had been dealing with and resisting and told them I just didn't think moving at this point is the path that takes me towards God's face - but that I also did not understand why God had opened all of these other doors that lead me to the beach either - my parents both said the same thing to me in very similar ways - "Faith, YOU opened those doors, you went after what YOU wanted and YOU got it - you went YOUR way, you have free will and you chose to use it but now what you are seeing is God sitting back, saying. 'Way to go Faith-I am glad you are getting what YOU want...BUT here is what I want for you!"
After the talks with my parents and a few other amazing, amazing, amazing, supportive friends I decided to close the doors I opened and walk through the one that was opened for me, not by me.

I have no doubt in my mind that God opened this door to keep me right here in Rock Hill for a little while longer, maybe forever, maybe for a month, maybe for a week. I also believe that God may have opened that just as God opened that door, He could just as easily shut it back and open a new one - of course that would be discouraging to me but it would also be on the path that He wants for me so I have to understand that. I have to hide the words of Jeremiah 29:11 in my heart so that I never forget even in the times when He shuts doors!

All in all, my hope in relocating was that I could experience some movement, little did I know that it didn't take moving away from somewhere to feel some movement in my life but rather, moving toward someone -towards His face!



xoxo,
Faith

7 comments:

  1. Faith, I am SUPER proud of you. You and I both know there are HUGE rewards for following HIM in the middle of our fears. Way to go! Seek his face daily, my friend. I will be here to watch you soar! I love you! Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Faith! I loved this! Very, very proud of you! KStacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love u girl! That is nothing but the truth....God is in control and I chose to go where he puts me 2! So do your best and God will handle the rest:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I can't wait to hear all about this!! It will always work out the way it should! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith, you are so inspiring...so proud of you! <3 Jodi S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faith, Im so proud/happy/excited for you! Glad you found what makes you happy and Im glad you are trusting in HIM to make your next move. Glad we got to catch up yesterday. Hope to see you again before you leave and never EVER give up on God!!!! XOXO
    ARoberts

    ReplyDelete