Background





3.01.2010

The last 18 days

This is what I posted on Facebook this Morning:


First I would like to say thanks to all for the kind words left in my inbox - I was overwhelmed when I opened it this morning and saw all of the sweet messages! It means alot to know that so many people care about what I have to say and actually look forward to it! :)


So, I have been writing down the changes that have occured over the past few weeks without FB and at the top of the paper it says "The Last 40 Days" However the title is changing to "The Last 18 Days" --My roommate is moving out and I am on the search for a new one, so what better place to start than Facebook?! :) It was such a defeated feeling logging in but I have to do what I have to do and I will only be using FB for the advertising the need for a roomie...I MIGHT stick a quote in every now and then since that seems to be what you guys are missing the most! ;)



At this point I guess I will share my last 18 Days:

~My dad came to visit and we had a blast staying up and talking about life, love, God and all of the other crazy things that dads and daughters discuss!

~My little brother turned 18!!!!!!!!

~Glory is figuruing out that the beach and sand is WAY cooler than the mountains and snow in Ashville!

~My mom is almost finished painting her house as well as taking names in her classes!!

~I watched 4 movies and anyone who knows me well, knows that I have the attention span of a 5year old so movies and I do not mesh!

~I blogged...actually made two but the other one is still a work in progress but you can still check out ThoughtsUncorked! :) http://thoughtsuncorked-faith.blogspot.com/

~I got a pedi and mani

~I developed a new type of Pizza-its really good! (Guacamole and Salsa as the "Pizza Sauce" then chicken, jalapenos, and cheese---it was DELISH!

~I got a B on my Stat's test and an A on my Psyc Test

~Costa ate raisins, could have almost died, had to get her stomach pumped-Took her back this past Saturday for testing and she is fine. DO NOT LET YOUR DOG HAVE GRAPES OR RAISINS!

~My ex of almost six years got engaged after our 7-9month break up depneding on when you start counting

~I went shopping...ALOT

~I paid my car taxes

~I have been dieting hard core and ppl are noticing so thats a good feeling!

~I read "Tuesdays With Morrie" again (LOVE IT) and started on "For One More Day"

~I realized that life is about changing and figuring out how to make those changes into growth instead of disappointment.

~I learned not to count on anyone - We let ourselves down everyday, why do we actually believe another person won't?!

~I have learned that as lonely as it gets sometimes being "single" I am so so fortunate to be figuring out so early in life that MY happiness is not and should not and will not be dependent on another person--I am Figuring out ME and so far that is going Awesome - its crazy what you learn about yourself when you stop and look~We are all stronger than we realize!



So overall this last 18 days has been pretty awesome - it wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be without Facebook! I told someone yesterday, its kind of the same feeling you get when you leave your cell phone at home --you think you need to turn around and go grab it but its such a good feeling not to have it all at the same time! Now that FB is back in my life I am definitetly am going to make a conscious effort not to become such a part of my life and feel like I have to check status ever 30seconds haha!

This was actually a great experience and gave me more time to figure out other stuff, good stuff, stuff about me rather than seeing who ate what for dinner last night-When you dont have a computer in front of you constantly it gets you thinking! Def a learning and growing experience that I promise to myself I will continue growing from---getting to know me thats what 2010 is about for ME---the rest will surely follow! :)

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment