Background





2.17.2010

In the Beginning....

My very FIRST blog!!! I am so excited to start blogging, this is something I have been saying for a few weeks I am going to do (ever since watching "Julie and Julia"--HIGHLY reccommend!) and the time has finally come! Hopefully, if anyone ever reads this they will be interested in some of the things I have to say but, most of all I hope that somehow, in each post something is written that if only for a second, makes you stop, think, and reflect.

I have named this blog -"Thoughts Uncorked" -my reasoning behind this name....when a bottle of wine is uncorked it seems to get people to open up in most situations,  this blog is me opening my mind and sharing my thoughts....my thoughts are uncorked!

As I mentioned earlier I have been wanting to start this for a few weeks and with today being the first day of Lent, I had a fantastic idea....it seems fantastic but I am certain within a few hours I may be asking what was I thinking?! I am not Catholic but I love a good challenge/goal so I have decided to give up something for Lent, I am giving up Facebook! This may sound silly to some people but, Facebook for me really is something that takes up and exhuberant amount of my time and energy...I seem to get so consumed with what this person or that person is doing that I lose track of what I should be doing.
This blog is not to "replace" one habit with another...with Facebook I am limited to a 420 character status and believe me, I have alot more to share than that!
I really hope that this is something that I continue to stick with - It will be so great to have a record of my days!

Sooooooo.......here goes nothing!!!!!!!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think a break from FB will do you good. Good luck! ~Courtney Reeves~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited that everyone else gets to hear all of the wonderful thoughts that go through your mind. I love it when you call me with your middle of the night thoughts! Happy Blogging! Love You! Mommy

    ReplyDelete