Background





6.30.2010

Fairy tale....ahhhhhh, how we all long for that fairy tale from childhood to womanhood!

I have a family member who has just been through a divorce and has now joined the rest of the "single world" in dating...bless her! She recently met the "man of her dreams" only to soon find out quite the contrary!

She sent me a message on Facebook and of course I responded -


Mandy: "miss ya! my fairy tale ended. oh well, just another chapter for the book. love ya!"
Faith: "all real fairy tales never end....they just get sweeter and sweeter--that was just more of a preview for the REAL fairy tale to come one day! Also remember what makes fairy tales so great is that they didn’t happen overnight...there's always a disheartening series of events that lead up to the happily ever after! xoxo"
Mandy: "and please remind me that these disheartening series of events do not need to include boys from Aynor (I mean really are all people from Aynor psycho)"
Faith: "well, I have a few friends from there who are good people....but just like in a fairy tale...you have to kiss a few frogs before the prince finds you...so they arent psycho just frogs...next time you hear even the slightest "ribbit" (it's a noise you will hear coming from your gut) just put that frog back on his lily pad and walk away! :)"

This chatting back and forth got me thinking about growing up and watching these ordinary girls flourish into this amazing princess as soon as their prince found them and then it hit me...what I just said..."their prince found them"!!! That’s it - we have to let him find us ladies - don't go out on the prowl...let him be the one who approaches and makes all of the effort. Be like these princesses in the fairy tales-they meet a man they can’t get off of their minds who maybe gave them butterflies  but they go about their normal daily routines, not out looking for him or making things happen! I often see my girlfriends (and of course myself included sometimes) dropping everything at the drop of the hat waiting on a guy to call-I can understand anticipating a phone call, however what I do not understand is why us girls will anticipate a phone call for just ANY guy...yeah we know he isn’t what we want or need but he fills a void called loneliness so we jump all over it - DONT DO THAT.....do not settle-those little things that you think you will get over only grow into big things and you will end up with that void called loneliness again even if he is right beside you!


In fairy tales, the Prince Charming always seems to find the lady...So ladies-quit looking for him, just be patient and along the way – open your windows and let your hair down, look out for the few bad apples,lose a few glass slippers, read as many tales as old as time, be sure to get some beauty sleep, play with your 7 favorite friends and you will find that one day your prince will come and be…a part of your world!

xoxo
Faith




No comments:

Post a Comment